Day: June 23, 2013
It requires emotional detachment yet total passion. It might involve killing a business in order to save it. It’s by turns agonizing, rewarding, humbling and empowering.
- pivoting means doing something differently, often under time constraints as cash and investor patience dwindle.
- A pivot could involve changing a product to reach the same target market, going after a different market with the same product or preserving a small piece of existing technology to form an entirely different business.
- data will tell you what’s not working, but it doesn’t tell you what to do instead
- Some startups go through multiple transformations. Sometimes the proper course of action is to shut down a startup instead of attempting another pivot
See on www.chicagotribune.com
14 revealing signs you might love your job by Dharmesh Shah
- You see your internal and external customers not as people to satisfy but simply as people.
- You see your manager as a person you work with, not for.
- You help without thinking.
Above results from the http://culturecode.com/
So how does a great environment to work in with enthusiastic people passionate about delivering translate into product excellence?
Its obvious at a restaurant if the chefs infused love into the food, and the servers enjoy being there – you taste it and you feel it when you walk in to the environment.
But, is it obvious in other products – can you tell if the environment that the product was designed, developed and distributed in was one of “love and satisfaction” for all involved at every step of the way in the product lifecycle value chain?
See on On Startups