Day: June 30, 2013
Great companies recognize that there are now multiple interdependent stakeholders, including customers, business partners, and social groups, who need to be part of your equation since they can drive or limit your success, in addition to management and stockholders.
…strengths of the management team or a sustainable competitive advantage…may not be sufficient to make your startup the great success embodied in your vision.
…renewed focus on other less tangible attributes which can set your startup apart.
- Conscious Capitalism® movement (led by John Mackey of Whole Foods)
- The B Team (led by serial entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson)
- Benefit Corporation (B Corp) form of business now available in 14 states
- be relevant and stay relevant
- find a voice relevant to the ecosystem
- gain balanced traction
- form partnerships and alliances within the ecosystem
- maintain a relevant laser focus
No April Fools! There is really no reason for startups not to use the phone. Typical conversion rates on an online squeeze page is 0.5 to 1%. Sales developed over the phone are 10 to twenty times more effective.
“You think salespeople have to be super extroverted, but I find that not to be true,” says James. “As long as you can pick up the phone, that’s all that matters.”
James Kennedy, Founder and “growth hacker” at Piehole.tv talks with host, Cindy F. Solomon about how he and his partner managed to grow from a small town on the west coast of Europe to a business that now has thousands of customers spread over 9 timezones.
Background resources: http://bit.ly/YD8Rrg