StartUP Product‘s insight:
Takeaways from IBM’s Innovate 2013 technical summit
- The IBM developerWorks software application development blog describes DevOps as a movement, rooted in the “agile” (as in Agile software delivery) community, to improve the collaboration between the development and operations teams with an ultimate goal focused on speeding software delivery and improving quality
- “A start up is a human institution designed to deliver a new product or service under conditions of extreme uncertainty,” Eric Reis said — it has nothing to do with the size of the company or the shape of the product.
- In 1911 – Frederick Winslow Taylor said that, “In the past, the man was first. In the future, the system will be first.”
- Steve Wozniak explained how he used to innovate in the early days of Apple. “I just used to like creating things, but then every time I did, Steve Jobs would find a way of making money out of it.”
- IBM’s Le Blanc explained how developers today develop, but that in the future they may be more focused on design and creation as they are able to focus more on innovation rather than the mechanics of building the software application development process.
See on www.computerweekly.com